Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Collage and the Abstractiveness of IT!!!

I absolutely love making collages. They're so expressive and relaxing. I enjoy cutting out the tiny pieces from magazines or little odds and ins that I find from old photographs or pieces of cloth, anything to help me form an "image" that I find represents me. :)

In everyday life, I take a lot of photos. I photograph everything! I do Creative Memories Scrap Booking with my mom, on a normal basis. It's our Mother Daughter time, to spend together. I started scrap booking at the age of nine. I am 21 years old, and am working on book number 24. Granted...a lot of those books are like 7x7 size, but I scrap book everything of importance to me. That's why when in my Creativity in the Arts class, when we were asked to make a collage, I found it amazingly fun. I love being creative, and collages are just another way of doing just that.



This is my original collage. My favorite female artist is Natasha Bedingfield. I love itunes, I go to UNC. My favorite Vitamin Water is the "Balance" flavor. I love what it says on the tag...more then anything. It's funny. I just love being creative, and I'm a total girlie girl. I have fortunes scattered around, because they were the ones that meant the most to me. One like, "Good things will come to you in due time" or "Courage lies with in each of us." I also am an actor, so I have a ticket of a show that my High School did. I also am an Aquarius. So...I've got some things on there that represent that. I also took this personality test of which Disney Princess I am, and I am Jasmine. That's why she's on there too. This collage, is totally me, in real life. I live to be happy!!! My friend Kayla Berkey, says, "Life is to short to not be lived happy." And...I have to agree. :)



This is a portion of my collage that I made abstract. It's supposed to be vertical with the UNC on the left, but I don't know how to rotate it, in here...so, that's okay. It just adds more to it. Anyway, I like this abstract image of my collage, because it's more bold and crazy! The letters of the words and praises are enhanced more, but at the same time, you have to really LOOK to see, the praise "THE LOOK." I think that this is a fun enhancement of my collage in the sense that it's blends what is there, with what should be there. You have to see it, and pay attention to what's like...infront of you. It's interesting like that. I just think it's really neat to see.



This is the other abstraction I have of my collage. I like this one a lot too, because it's the complete oposite of the one before it. This one is more subtle, and relaxed. It's less crazy. The colors are more dry, I almost want to say. I like both abstractions equally, but this one is almost more of a favorite of mine. JUST because, in general, I'm partial to pastels more then I am bold colors, and this one makes me think of pastels. I also like how this one looks more ventage. I love things that look old and tattered, and this almost looks like it's just been distressed. I love how certain things are more enhanced then others. It's just really neat to look at.

I could have played around on the editing program all day. But...of course we only had a little bit of time, a full class hour, and so...this was all I got done. :) It's still pretty cool, and I still really like it. I hope you do too!!! AND I hope that now you go out and make a collage of your own!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment