Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Albert Einstein to Jacques Hadamard: TWO brilliant people...

Albert Einstein is best known for his theory of relativity, especially mass-energy equivalence (E=mc^2). Jacques Hadamard ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Hadamard ) wrote The Psychology of Invention in the Mathematical Field. In that book Albert Einstein had a letter that expressed his answers to the questions that Jacques Hadamard was asking.

This letter was hard for me to read honestly. I had to read it a couple times, because Albert Einsten spoke really strung out. I mean, it seemed to be very wordy, his answers were not just right there black and white. The Psychology of Invention in Mathematical Field was a book that Jacques Hadamard explained the self-observation and reporting of conscious inner thoughts of mathimatical processes. I'm sure it was interesting to read, but I honestly...couldn't fully understand what I read in Albert Einsteins letter. TO ME...I think he was critisizing the study that Jacques Hadamard was conducting. I just found it hard to understand, and even reading it again twice while writing this entry, I realize that I think the concept that is addressed in the letter seems to go above me. I am good a math, I was advanced in high school, but this is hard to understand, because IT IS not in the full context of the study.

Both Albert Einsten and Jacques Hadamard are brilliant people. They both wrote of and discovered amazing theories for mathamatics. They have influenced the world as we know it, for hundreds of years. They were very intellecutual people, and math could not be the same with out them.

No comments:

Post a Comment