Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Always Remembered

Wow...it's been 9 years since we had to say goodbye...

I’m suddenly hit with emotion as I realize the day. How some “anniversaries”, however, sad go from daily reminders to weekly reminders, to monthly reminders, to yearly reminders, until we one day wake up happy again…filled with life and love, embarking on new adventures. I wish you could be here today to have been able to see the series finale of One Tree Hill and to see the Olympics in Beijing! I wish you were still here to have gotten to see Candice get married, and you sister Kyna. Oh…the memories I wish you could be here for, and the ones to come!! ….

I know you were here with all of us, and celebrating with us, from Heaven. I know, that although we can’t physically see you, that you are here…in our hearts and thoughts. In our memories and day to day laughter…you are here. Always here. You’re here every time we think of you, and I know you’re reading this now. I love you. I miss you. ….

I always will miss you, and although you were taken away from us…each new year, each birthday…I take a moment and say, “This is for you Ronald. This is for you.”

I live and love with a different perspective. A perspective that everything can change so drastically in an instant. I live and love knowing that we must really love each other genuinely and be the change we wish to see in this world. I live and love each and every living things, being, and soul…so that I may always live and love as happily as I can. For you, always. In memory, in honor, and in celebration of the person you were in my life. My cousin, my family… We love you.

May God continue to shine his love and his light on all of us, so that we may live our lives the way he would want us to live. Happily together. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment